Thank you all for entering the Snapsort Relaunch contest. Since we relaunched last month we have been blown away by the response we have been getting, we were even featured on TechCrunch.
Both Geekaphone and CarSort are off to a great start, Lifehacker did a write up on Geekaphone, and CarSort is growing steadily. If you have not had an opportunity to check out CarSort or Geekaphone please take the time to, we are sure you will find them useful.
Congratulations to all our winners:
The grand prize winner will be receiving a new Nikon D3100 courtesy of Adorama:
The winner of the Canon S95 also courtesy of Adorama:
The winner of an Airport Acceleration bag from Think Tank Photo:
The winner of a Hydrophobia rain cover:
The winner of a Digital Holster camera bag:
Again thanks to all those who entered, and a big thanks to our sponsors Adorama and Think Tank Photo.
We couldn’t be happier about the great feedback we have received during the Snapsort community feedback contest. Before we announce the winners we wanted to share a few of the most popular suggestions submitted to us:
- The ability to compare more that 2 cameras at once
- Linking the camera pages to other reviews, camera manuals and other information about the cameras
- Examples of photos taken by each camera
- Review video cameras like we review digital cameras
- Move the score to the top of the comparison pages
- Include LensHero lens suggestions in the camera pages
Thanks for all the great suggestions. We are working hard to make Snapsort better and we can not do it without you.
There were two categories in the Snapsort community feedback contest, one for bloggers who wrote about Snapsort and gave us feedback and another for our community. We had just over 1,000 people enter the contest, so we determined winners by using Random.org.
The winners of Contest A (bloggers):
Grand prize a Nikon D3100 body
Photojojo Coffee Mug
The winners of Contest B (users):
Grand prize a Canon Powershot SD1400 IS
Photo Jojo mug
A one of a kind Snapsort T-Shirts
We wanted to highlight some blogs that really stood out:
Clean Cut Well Kept
Congratulations to all our winners, and thanks again for all your support.
We are excited to announce some new features that we have added to Snapsort as well as the opportunity to win some FREE STUFF (including a Nikon D3100)!
New Additions to Snapsort
- User Contributed Videos – Sometimes words alone don’t do a camera justice. Video to the rescue! Snapsort has added tree types of videos:
- Camera reviews
- Sample videos from the cameras
- How-to tutorials
- User Voting – We recognize that many of our users know a lot about cameras and photography, and we want to incorporate that expertise into Snapsort.com. We’ve implemented the first revision of our comparison voting system. When you compare two cameras, you will be able to vote and see how other people have voted on different aspects of the camera.
- More Information – The more info the better when it comes to making decisions, so we’ve added the following info to our DSLR and mirrorless camera reviews:
- HDR – in camera high dynamic range capabilities
- Panorama mode
- Weather sealed
- Autofocus type (contrast-detect, phase-detect, # of focus points, # of cross-focus points, lag)
- Movie autofocus type (see above)
- Sensor cleaning
- External mic
- Shutter lag
- Battery life (# of shots per battery charge using CIPA standards)
Last but not least we REALLY REALLY want your help in determining:
- What features to build next
- How to improve on existing features
This is the part where we ask you to help celebrate these new features and give us feedback on how to improve.
Help us improve – Win a Nikon D3100
You could win this great DSLR just by providing us with your well thought out feedback. Simply blog to your audience about our latest changes and how we can improve. Be sure to give examples and specifics that we can reference in order to make the improvements. We will also send you a Snapsort T-shirt as big giant thank you just for participating (free shipping to the continental US). We’ll have runner up prizes as well, 10 sweet Photojojo camera lens mugs. So what are you waiting for, get on your blog and tell us how great/horrible we are!
Tell Your Friends
Tweet about us by retweeting this message “Chance to win a Nikon D3100 at http://snapsort.com, RT this to enter to win a Canon SD1400! @snapsort” or join our mailing list and you could win a Canon Powershot SD1400 IS, Photojojo camera lens mugs or one of many Snapsort T-Shirts.
Thanks guys for all your continued support, we can’t wait to hear what you want us to add next.
A full list of rules can be found here
We have been amazed by the amount of positive feedback we have been getting. Since we launched LensHero we have had just under 60,000 visitors. We could not have done it without people blogging, tweeting and sharing LensHero with your friends.
During LensHero’s launch we ran two contests, one for bloggers who wrote about us and one for our users. We had just under 3,000 people enter the contest, so we determined the winners by using Random.org.
The winners of the blogger contest:
Grand prize a 50mm f/1.4 :
2nd Prize SLR Sloop bag:
3rd Prize Phone Fisheye lens:
The winners of the user contest:
Grand prize a 50mm f/1.8:
2nd Prize a Camera Lens Mug:
3rd Prize a one of a kind LensHero T-Shirt:
If you haven’t, you should consider following LensHero and Snapsort on Facebook and Twitter (@LensHero and @Snapsort). We have lots of other promotions in the works and the best way to know about them is to follow us.
Again, congratulations to all our winners and thank you all for your support.