These look like replacements for the DMC-FZ35 and DMC-FZ28, both with only 18x zoom. Both of the new super-zooms shoot RAW which is a great feature for those looking to correct white balance or fix exposure in post production, and shoot HD video.
- The FZ100 shoots full 1080p video, whereas the FZ40 only shoots 720p
- The FZ100 has a higher resolution screen (460k dots vs 230k dots), but, the FZ40 features a touchscreen, which is the first ever super-zoom with a touch screen we’ve seen
- The FZ100 also shoots stills at a blazing 10fps, it looks like the FZ40 will do as fast as 6fps perhaps with some resolution limitations
Detailed comparisons at Snapsort:
- Compare the two leaked superzooms: FZ40 vs FZ100
- Compare the new FZ40 vs FZ35 from last year
- Compare the new FZ100 vs FZ35 from last year
Also, checkout the full lineup of Panasonic super-zooms.