We’ve made another minor update to Snapsort.com today!
Here’s what’s new:
1. Popular comparisons on the main page
The welcome page on snapsort.com now features the 6 most popular comparisons by users!
Right now it looks like its quickly become dominated by SLR-SLR comparisons, though for a while the Canon G10 vs Canon G11 was quite popular, and you can see the Canon G11 vs Canon S90 on this screen shot.
2. Popular comparisons for each camera on comparison pages
On each comparison page, we now show 6 popular other cameras that each of the two has been compared against, so you can see what other people have been comparing that camera to.
Here is a screen shot showing the current popular cameras that people have compared against the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1.
3. Quick access to launch a new comparison
We’ve added a comparison search on the top right of the comparison screen, which we hope will make it faster/easier for you to change one of the cameras in the comparison, say you’re comparing one particular model against a number of other models.
4. A laundry list of small fixes including:
- Adding the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1, this seems to be a popular camera! Here is a link comparing the GF1 vs the Olympus PEN E-P2, also a Micro Four Thirds camera.
- Fixed some data mistakes
5. Small tweaks to the SnapRank algorithm
Point and shoots used to have an unfair advantage against SLRs, that has been improved now, but it still needs work.
6. Added a slightly humorous page to show you if you try to compare a camera against itself